Sunday, June 11, 2017

SDKFZ 234/2 Puma revisited

A couple of items on the Warlord Games Puma.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, for reasons best known to the Italeri/Warlord designers, a decision was made to mould the tyres/wheels hollow.
I decided to fill the backs of the tyres with Milliput. Unfortunately I did not photograph them before attaching them to the hull.

Here are two photographs of the wheels in place.
 I chose the best ones for the front and rear.
 I do need to paint the joins , probably black/burnt umber.
 It is very difficult to photograph the inside of the wheels, but the effect is not too bad,
The other item was the lack of damage to the doors on the mudguards. I have added some chipped paint effects to the doors and surrounding paintwork.

It probably needs some more.