Thursday, April 13, 2017

C3M4 - Gates of Antares combat drone

So, for reasons that are unclear to me, I dug out my Gates of Antares figures and drones and have been doing some work on them.

The Drone is coming along nicely.
I still need to blend the glow on the domes below the turret.
I had not spotted the sensor dome on the nose by the three vertically placed sensors.
 C3 Strike trooper for scale.
For reasons that probably made sense to the designer, the sensor things either side of the turret can pivot. As you can see I have pivoted mine in past the point it was painted. Another fill in job.
As I do not like the tripod based figures in the box set (a tripod is stable, but immobile), I painted the C3 figures as two opposing forces (Citadel Mournfang Brown and PSC German Field Grey).
I have an additional box which will give me sufficient figures for a reasonable game.