Sunday, February 19, 2017

West Wind M100 Comanche Walker

So, I have dug a West Wind SOTR M100 Comanche Infantry Walker out of storage and I m in the process of putting some decals on it.

The M100 is a light one man walker and my assumption is that they are available to British forces in any Weird War list. This example is armed with a gatling gun, a bazooka (rotary mag) and an assault rifle (slightly over powered if you ask me). I would class it as having a twin HMG, a bazooka and an assault rifle. Single crew so only one weapon at a time. The assault rifle is probably used to scratch colleagues' backs.

Now, the question is, where do you put the decals?

I am putting recognition marks on the shoulder (left side) or the gun mount (right side).

It is where to put the tactical sign and perhaps a division insignia?

The following have been put together electronically (the tactical sign is from the Warlord Games Guards Armoured Division decal set).

First, on the plastron (chest plate).


 Next on the upper "thigh" (I did wonder about the knee cap, but it is rather small on these walkers).
Thirdly on the gun shield.