Sunday, January 22, 2017

British Steel WW2 Powered Infantry

After building the Warlord Games Galahad Armoured Infantry man, I thought I would dig out a West Wind SOTR British Steel armoured infantry man.

The first problem is the position of the arms. It appears that the position is with the gun nearly vertical and the support hand at head height.

I have to admit that that is not a particularly good pose and especially if you have a whole squad pointing their guns into the sky. In addition it is difficult to get the arms to match up.

So I took a razor saw to the arms, cutting the right arm at the wrist and the left arm beneath the shoulder. I then pinned the arms and used green stuff to fix them in place.

I still need to add the exhaust on the power pack. I am also going to add a couple of spare magazines.