Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Zombtober 2015, sort of... part four

 So, having been happy with the last batch of figures, it was on to the next batch.

First I had to assemble some bases. I use normal 25mm bases capped with a circle of Slater's embossed 7mm scale paving. I use a circular cutter to create the tops, they then need to be smoothed and then fixed with liquid poly.
One thing to bear in mind is that different brands of "25mm" bases have different sized top surfaces. It is worth checking that the cap fits before running off a batch.

So, I completed 11 bases (okay ten plus one already assembled).

I then grabbed three sprues of Studio Miniatures Zombies. They are very useful miniatures, but do have the disadvantage that they have bases, which I then have to remove with a razor saw.

I also grabbed a handful of previously assembled zombies: a mixed bag including Wargames Factory male and female zombies, Mantic zombies, Studio Miniatures plastics and Michelle's zombie shields again sculpted by Studio Miniatures.

Before undercoating.
 Undercoated.
And here are the finished figures.