Sunday, May 8, 2011

Venerable Bede

Anyone looking for the claimed inventor of "Easter" is going to be disappointed.

There was a time when Games Workshop only did one plastic Space Marine Dreadnought (they now do at least five kits, one only available in the starter set), so conversions were the the way to go for Venerable Dreadnoughts.
So for my Black Templars Venerable Dread I used the basic kit and added bits from the plastic Black Templar marine upgrade sprue. So it has a Black Templar sarcophagous cover, Black Templar crosses and Crux Terminatus on the 'shoulders', purity seals a-plenty, topped off with that dirty great sword/icon combo.
I am actually very happy with this figure (there is a first for everything), I just need to put the name on the scroll.

Unfortunately I built and painted this not long after Daemonhunters came out, so a) it is quite a while ago, and b) there is now a Venerable Dreadnought kit so this would probably be demoted to a normal dreadnought (if I had a Black Templar army painted).

Now where did I put that Adepta Sorita tank...

And for those of you paying attention, I have painted the letter box.